Sunday 21 January 2024

Put The Needle On The Record - Week #3

Weekly feature: Put The Needle On The Record Week #3 (Erasure - The Circus)

I think we all have albums we haven't played in years and this feature, is a good idea, that hopefully, will encourage you to play the featured album we choose each week.

For this weeks feature we go back to March 1987 and Erasure's album "The Circus", this wasn't the first Erasure I bought, as I already had in my collection the album "Wonderland" (how that album wasn't massive I will never know). "The Circus" was their breakthrough album, reaching number 6 in the UK albums chart. The album featured 4 singles, the hugely successfull "Sometimes" (reached number 2 in the UK Singles chart), "It Doesn't Have To Be" (reached number 12 in the UK Singles chart), "Victim Of Love" (reached number 7 in the UK Singles chart and is one of my all time favourite Erasure tracks) and "The Circus" (reached number 6 in the UK singles chart, one of my least favourite Erasure singles, "Hideaway" should have been the 4th single).

The album came with a 4 track promo sampler 12 Inch vinyl record, which I still have, it featured the tracks "Don't Dance", "Hideaway", "If I Could" and "Victim Of Love".

Track listing

It Doesn't Have To Be
Hideaway
Don't Dance
If I Could
Sexuality
Victim Of Love
Leave Me To Bleed
Sometimes
The Circus
Spiralling

So if you have the album in your collection and have n't played it in a while, dig it out and give it a spin!

No comments:

Post a Comment